Somewhere in the deep South, Bubba called an attorney and asked, “Is it true they’re suing the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?”
“Yes, Bubba, that is true.”
“And people are suing the fast food restaurants for making them fat and clogging their arteries with all them burgers and fries … is that true, mister lawyer?”
“Sure is Bubba, but why do you ask?”
“Cause I was thinkin’ …. maybe I can sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I’ve been wakin’ up with!”
#1 rule of a redneck-
If duck tape don’t fix it (doubt it), mount it on the wall instead.
1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. It’s considered tacky to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you’re certain that you are included in the will, it is still rude to drive the U-Haul to the funeral home.
ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat at the table, no matter how good his manners.
1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one’s OWN truck keys.
2. Even if you live alone, deodorant is not a waste of good money.
3. Use of proper toiletries can only delay bathing for a few days.
4. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman’s jewelry and alter the taste of finger foods.
DATING (Outside the Family)
1. Always offer to bait your date’s hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be assertive. Let her know you’re interested: “I’ve been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago.”
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected. Some will say 10:00 pm. Others might say “Monday”; if the latter is the answer, it is the man’s responsibility to get her to school on time.
1. Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up immediately after the movie has ended.
2. Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can’t hear you.
1. Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. In the reception line, kissing the bride for more than 3 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt can create a tacky appearance.
1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles, even if the gun is loaded and the deer is in your sights.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires does not always have the right of way.
3. Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer too.
5. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.
A redneck couple had lived together in the backwoods for over fifty years. To celebrate their fiftieth anniversary, the man took her to a large city and they checked into a plush hotel.
The woman said to the bellman, “We refuse to settle for such a small room. No windows, no bed, and no air conditioning.”
“But, madam,” replied the bellman.
“Don’t ‘But madam’ me,” she continued. “You can’t treat us like we’re a couple of fools just because we don’t travel much, and we’ve never been to the big city, and never spent the night at a hotel. I’m going to complain to the manager.”
“Madam,” the bellman said, “this isn’t your room; this is the elevator!”
1.Your richest relative buys an “expensive” house and you have to help take the wheels off of it.
2.You refer to the sixth grade as graduation.
3.Your wife’s new hairdo gets destroyed by the ceiling fan.
4.Your front porch collapses and hurts more than three dogs.
One morning a boy got up and was leaving the house with a hand full of chicken wire. His father said, ‘Son, where are you going?’ The son replied, ‘I’m going to catch me some chickens.’ The father said, ‘Son, you can’t catch chickens with chicken wire.’ But the son insisted that he knew what he was doing.
Later on that day, the son came home with two chickens in his hand. The father thought, ‘I guess he knows what he’s doing.’ The next morning, the son got up and was leaving the house with some duck tape. The father said, ‘Son, where are you going?’ The son replied, ‘I’m going to catch some ducks.’ The father yelled, ‘You can’t catch ducks with duct tape!’ The son insisted that he knew what he was doing.
Awhile later, the son came home with two ducks under each arm. The father thought, ‘Shoot, I guess he does know what he’s doing!’ The next morning the son got up and was leaving the house with a hand full of pussywillows. The father said, ‘Hold up, son, let me put on my shoes!’
A man had just moved from his big apartment in NYC, to a big farm way out in the country side.
Just days after he moved, he realized he was out of chicken feed, so he went down to the nearest store. (a good 2-hour drive away). “Can I get me some chicken feed?” the man asked. “Yup, but ya can’t have none unless you can prove to me you actually got chickens. Don’t want no one eatin’ it or nothin’ an’ gettin’ sick,” the clerk responded. He argued with her a bit, but finally gave in and took a two hour drive back and forth once again, this time with the chicken. “Here’s my chicken. Now get me the chicken feed.” He got his feed and drove home.
The next day he ran out of dog food for his dog. Once again, he drove down to the store, foolishly not thinking about bringing his dog. It was the same case. He had to present his dog to the stubborn clerk. He went back home and retrieved his dog, and got his dog food. The next day, he went down to the store again, this time with a shoe box with a lid on it that had a hole in the top. He walked into the store and said to the clerk, “Smell this.”
“That smells like… crap!” she said with a look of surprise on her face. “Oh… toilet paper.”
A young West Virginian girl wanted to go to college at UVA. But her father said “No way! You’re going to By-God West Virginia Univ.”
Well, she got her way and she went to UVA. The first semester went by, and she wrote home that she was getting married, to a man from Richmond, VA named Clarence. Her father said “I’ll be damned if my daughter is marrying a man from Richmond, you’re marrying a By-God West Virginian boy,” so he sent his two sons to UVA to get their sister.
In a couple of days they returned. The confused father asked “Where is your sister?”
They replied “We were almost there Dad, but we got to this overpass with a sign that said ‘Clarence 13’6” so we turned around and drove the hell out of there!”
1. Save all manner of bacon grease. If it can’t be fried in bacon grease, it ain’t worth cooking, let alone eating.
2. Just because one can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can’t stay home the two days of the year it snows.
3. If you do run your car into a ditch, don’t panic. Four men in the cab of a four-wheel-drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Note: Don’t try to help them. Just stay out of their way: This is what they live for.
4. Don’t be surprised to find movie rentals and fishing bait in the same store.
5. Remember: “Y’all” is singular.
6. “All y’all” is plural. “All y’all’s” is plural possessive.
7. There is nothing sillier than a northerner imitating a Southern accent, unless it is a Southerner imitating a Boston accent.
8. People walk slower here.
9. Don’t be worried that you don’t understand anyone. They don’t understand you either.
10. The first Southern expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner’s vocabulary is the adjective “Big ol'”, as in “big ol’ truck” or “big ol’ boy”. Eighty-five percent begin their new southern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.
11. The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.
12. “He needed killin'” is a valid defense here.
13. If attending a funeral in the South: remember, we stay until the last shovel of dirt is thrown on and the tent is torn down.
14. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, “Hey, y’all, watch this!” stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.
15. Most Southerners do not use turn signals, and they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was on when the car was purchased.
16. Northerners can be identified by the spit on the inside of their car’s windshield that comes from yelling at other drivers.
17. The winter wardrobe you always brought out in September can wait until November.
18. If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the tiniest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It does not matter if you need anything from the store, it is just something you’re supposed to do.
19. Satellite dishes are very popular in the South. When you purchase one it is to be positioned directly in front of your trailer. This is logical bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the trailer and should, therefore, be displayed.
20. Tornadoes and Southerners going through a divorce have a lot in common. In either case, you know someone is going to lose a trailer.
21. Florida is not considered a Southern state (except Gainesville). There are far more Yankees than Southerners living there.
22. As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone, directly in the middle of the road, remember, many folks learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane position for the vehicle.
23. You can ask a Southerner for directions, but unless you already know the positions of key hills, trees and rocks, you’re better off trying to find it yourself.
Q:What do you call a 500 pound Russian that can bend you like a bendy straw?
A man traveling down a country road was forced to stop before a giant puddle covering the entire road. Looking to the side of the road, the man noticed a farmer leaning on a fence. “Think it’s safe to cross?” the man asked.
“I reckon so,” replied the farmer.
The car was immediately swallowed by the puddle as the man drove in. In fact, it was so deep that he had to roll his window down to swim out of his car back to the surface. As his head broke the surface, the man said to the farmer, “I thought you said I could safely drive through this puddle!”
“Well, shoot!” said the farmer, scratching his head. “It only come up chest-high on my ducks!”
Your Starship Captain just might be a redneck if…
your shuttlecraft has been up on blocks for over a month
he paints flames and a NRA sticker on the warp nacelles
you have a shuttle called “Billy Joe Bob”
he refers to Klingons as “Critters”
he refers to Photon Torpedoes as “Popguns”
he has the sensor array repaired with a bent coathanger and aluminum foil
he installs a set of bullhorns on the front of the saucer section
he says, “Got your ears on, good buddy” instead of “open hailing frequencies”
he hangs fuzzy dice over the viewscreen
he rewires his communicator into his belt buckle
he keeps a six-pack under his command chair and a gun rack above it
he says, “Yee-Ha!” instead of “Engage”
he has a hand-tooled holster for his phaser
he insists on calling his executive officer “Bubba”
he sets the fore viewscreen to reruns of “Bassmaster”
he programs the food replicator for beer, ribs, and turnip greens
he paints the starship John Deere green
he refers to a Pulsar as a “Blue Light Special”
he refers to the Mutara Nebula as a “swamp”
his moonshine is stronger than Romulan Ale
he sings “Lucille” instead of “Kathleen”
his idea of dress uniform is CLEAN bib overalls
he wears mirrored shades on the Bridge
his idea of a “gas giant” is that big ol’ XO Bubba after a meal of beans and weenies
he sets phaser to “Cajun”
How did the redneck die drinking milk?
The cow sat on him!
You might be a redneck if you think fast-food is hitting a dear at 65mph.
Signs you’re a redneck Jedi;
-You ever heard the phrase, “May the force be with y’all.”
-Your Jedi robe is camouflage.
-You have ever used your light saber to open a bottle of Bud Light.
-At least one wing of your X-Wings is primer colored.
-You can easily describe the taste of an Ewok.
-You have ever had a land-speeder up on blocks in your yard.
-The worst part of spending time on Dagobah is the dadgum skeeters.
-Wookiees are offended by your B.O.
-You have ever used the force to get yourself another beer so you didn’t have to wait for a commercial.
-You have ever used the force in conjunction with fishing or bowling.
-Your father has ever said to you, “Shoot, son come on over to the dark side…it’ll be a hoot.”
-You have ever had your R-2 unit use its self-defense electro-shock thingy to get the barbecue grill to light up.
-You have a confederate flag painted on the hood of your land-speeder.
-You ever fantasized about Princess Leah wearing Daisy Duke shorts.
-You have the doors of your X-wing welded shut and you have to get in through the window.
-Although you had to kill him, you kinda thought that Jabba the Hutt had a pretty good handle on how to treat his women.
-You have a cousin who bears a strong resemblance to Chewbacca.
-You suggested that they outfit the Millennium Falcon with redwood deck.
-You were the only person drinking Jack Daniels during the cantina scene.
-If you hear . . . “Luke, I am your father… and your uncle…”
You know you’re a redneck if:
1) You drive your house and sleep in your car.
2) You think a loaded dishwasher means your wife is drunk.
3) You have more than 2 relatives named Buh Buh.
4) You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of HER kids.
5) You’ve been to a wedding reception at the waffle house.
A redneck is walking along the beach in France. There are many beautiful women lying in the sun, and he really wants to meet one. But try as he might, the women don’t seem to be at all interested. Finally, as a last resort, he walks up to a French guy lying on the beach who is surrounded by adoring women.
“Excuse me,” he says, taking the guy aside, “but I’ve been trying to meet one of those women for about an hour now, and I just can’t seem to get anywhere with them. You’re French. You know these women. What do they want?”
“Maybe I can help a leetle beet,” says the Frenchman. “What you do ees you go to zee store. You buy a leetle bikini sweeming suit. You walk up and down zee beach. You meet girl very qweekly zees way.”
“Wow! Thanks!” says the redneck, and off he goes to the store. He buys a skimpy red bathing suit, puts it on, and goes back to the beach. He parades up and down the beach but still has no luck with the ladies.
So he goes back to the Frenchman. “I’m sorry to bother you again,” he says, “but I went to the store, I got a swimsuit, and I still haven’t been able to meet a girl.”
“Okay,” says the Frenchman, “I tell you what you do. You go to zee store. You buy potato. You put potato in sweeming suit and walk up and down zee beach. You will meet girl very, very qweekly zees way.”
“Thanks!” says the guy, and runs off to the store. He buys the potato, puts it in the swimsuit, and marches up and down the beach. Up and down, up and down he walks, but the women will hardly even look at him. After half an hour he can’t take it any more and goes back to the Frenchman.
“Look,” he says, “I got the suit, I put the potato in it, and I walked up and down the beach– and still nothing! What more can I do?”
“Well,” says the Frenchman, “maybe I can help you a leetle beet. Why don’t you try moving zee potato to the FRONT of zee sweeming suit?”
You might be a redneck if your baby’s first words were, “Attention, K-mart shoppers!”
You hear crack is illegal and you pull up your pants.
Someone yells “Hoe Down” at a dance and your wife falls to the floor.
You use newspapers for more than 3 uses in your home.
Your family tree is a wreath.
If your home is mobile but the 4 cars in your yard are not.
Your father gave you this advice, “If you can’t keep it in your pants, at least keep it in the family.”
The last thing relatives say before they die is, “Hey Ya’ll! Watch this!”
A Letter From A Redneck Mother To Her Son
I’m writing this slow ’cause I know you can’t read fast. We don’t live where we did when you left. Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within twenty miles of home, so we moved. Won’t be able to send you the address as the last Arkansas family that lived here took the numbers with them for their house, so they wouldn’t have to change their address.
This place has a washing machine. The first day I put four shirts in it, pulled the chain and haven’t seen ’em since.
It only rained twice this week, three days the first time and four days the second time.
The coat you wanted me to send to you, Aunt Sue said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with them heavy buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.
We got a bill from the funeral home, and it said if we didn’t make the final payment on Grandma’s funeral bill, up she comes.
About your sister, she had a baby this morning. I haven’t found out whether if it is a boy or a girl so don’t know if you are an Aunt or Uncle.
Your Uncle John fell in the whiskey vat. Some men tried to get him out, but he fought them off playfully, so he drowned. We cremated him and he burned for three days.
Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pickup. One was driving and the other two were in the back. The driver got out. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. The other 2 drowned. They couldn’t get the tail gate down.
Not much more news this time. Nothing much happened. If you don’t get this letter, please let me know and I will send another one.
40 Things Never Said By Southerners
40. Oh I just couldn’t. Hell, she’s only sixteen.
39. I’ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
38. Duct tape won’t fix that.
37. Lisa Marie was lucky to catch Michael.
36. Come to think of it, I’ll have a Heineken.
35. We don’t keep firearms in this house.
34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
33. You can’t feed that to the dog.
32. I thought Graceland was tacky.
31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it’s just not safe.
30. Wrasslin’s fake.
29. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?
28. We’re vegetarians.
27. Do you think my gut is too big?
26. I’ll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.
25. Honey, we don’t need another dog.
24. Who’s Richard Petty?
23. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
21. Spittin is such a nasty habit.
20. I just couldn’t find a thing at Walmart today.
19. Trim the fat off that steak.
18. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
17. The tires on that truck are too big.
16. I’ll have the arugula and radicchio salad.
15. I’ve got it all on the C drive.
14. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
13. Would you like your salmon poached or broiled?
12. My fiance, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany’s.
11. I’ve got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
08. She’s too young to be wearing a bikini.
07. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?
06. Hey, here’s an episode of “Hee Haw” that we haven’t seen.
05. I don’t have a favorite college team.
04. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
03. I believe you cooked those green beans too long.
02. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darla.
01. Nope, no more for me. I’m drivin tonight.
Q: What do a tornado and a redneck divorce have in common?
A: In the end, someone’s gonna lose a trailer.
There once was a redneck and his redneck wife. The wife didn’t want another child, and asked the redneck husband to get surgery so he can’t impregnate his wife.
The redneck goes to a very expensive doctor. The doctor who is in a hurry and is sure the redneck can’t pay for his operation, just hands the redneck a firecracker and says, “Light this, hold it, count to 10.” The redneck is confused but the doctor seems to know what he’s doing.
The redneck goes home and lights the firecracker. He starts counting with the aid of his fingers… “1…2…3…4…5…” The redneck pauses, puts the firecracker between his legs and resumes counting on the other hand….
MICROSOFT NEWS RELEASE:
It has come to our attention that a few copies of the Georgia edition of Windows 98 may have accidentally been shipped outside Georgia. If you have one of the Georgia editions you may need some help understanding the commands.
The Georgia edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen.
It reads WINDERS 98 with a background picture of the General Lee super imposed on a Confederate flag. It is shipped with a Daisy Duke screen saver.
Recycle Bin is labeled Outhouse
My Computer is called This Infernal Contraption
Dialup Networking is called Good Ol’ Boys
Control Panel is known as the Dern Dashboard
Hard Drive is referred to as 4 wheel drive
Floppies are them little ole plastic disc thangs.
Instead of an error message you get a winder covered with a garbage bag and duct tape.
OK = ats aww-right
cancel = hail no
reset = awa shoot
yes = shore
no = Naaaa
find = hunt-fer it
go to = over yonder
back = back yonder
help = hep me out here
stop = ternit off
start = crank it up
settings = sittins
programs = stuff that does stuff
documents = stuff I done done
Also note that winders 98 does not recognize capital letters or punctuation marks.
Some programs that are exclusive to winders 98:
tiperiter…………….A word processor
colering book…………a graphics program
scratch paper ………..notepad
jupe-box …………….CD Player
pichers………………A graphics viewer
IRS………………….M/S accounting software
IRS2…………………M/S accounting software with hidden files
coon dog……………..American kennel club records
fishin……………….Bass Anglers Sportsman Society records.
NRA………………….National Rifle Association
shot gun …………….Remington Arms price list
riffel……………….Winchester price list
pisstel………………Smith & Wesson price list
truck………………..Ford & Chevrolet dealers in GA. by zip code
house………………..Nearest Mobil home repair service by zip code
car …………………same as truck, just need two lists in Texas
cuzzins………………family history usually a 3 meg file
tax records…………..usually an empty file
shells……………….ammunition inventory, another 3 meg file
bud………………….list of Budwiser dealers by zip code
racin………………..NASCAR racing schedule includes list of TV stations that carry the race car n’ truck
Parts…….nearest Junk yard by zip code
doc …………………veterinarians by zip code
We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of the Georgia edition. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.